One of the most common questions I get from clients is whether or not to do a first look wedding. My answer: It’s a personal choice; there isn’t just one answer, and there are great arguments for either option… Let’s talk about the pros and cons so you can decide for yourself whether a first look is the best choice for you.
• If you opt for a first look, you’ll be able to do your couple’s portraits and group shots before the ceremony, which means you can enjoy cocktail hour with your guests instead of doing photos at that time.
• A first look gives you and your partner some private time together before the non-stop activity, people, and fun of your wedding day.
• Your make up and hair will be fresh, which means you will look polished for your photos.
• Although you may not have that gasp and flutter as you see each other for the first time as you walk down the aisle… you will still get it during the first look! (And you’ll still get that reaction from the rest of your guests!)
• When you opt for a first look, this adds extra time to your day, which means a bit of a longer day for you, and more hours of wedding photography coverage.
• There may be people in your life that will not understand or approve of you were doing a first look. (Think parents and grandparents).
Luckily couples getting married today have more creative license than ever before, so do whatever your heart dictates. No matter which choice you go with, it will be the right one for you. There’s a reason your wedding day is called your best day ever, so whether or not you do a first look wedding, know that it will be amazing!
ARE YOU PLANNING A WEDDING? CHECK OUT OUR FREE WEDDING PLANNING GUIDE! 80 PAGES OF TIPS AND ADVICE TO MAKE YOUR WEDDING PLANNING EASY. GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!